Do you want to do good for your local community, develop your skills and make new friends, but you haven’t got the time to make a regular commitment?
Handy helpers is a unique initiative which enables you to take part in a wide range of one-off volunteering opportunities in the local community. You can pick and choose what activities you want to participate in based on your interests and availability.
From community gardening to decorating charity premises and event logistics, you will gain experience in various settings while actively contributing to the local community.
There’s no long-term commitment, just get involved in the activities that suit you. As an added feel good factor, you’ll get access to relevant training and you will get rewards for changing the world around you!
Registration for Handy Helpers is now open. To sign up, just click on the link Handy Helpers Registration.
Have any questions? Check out our frequently asked questions or email us at email@example.com
Handy Helpers are happy to announce that we have returned to face to face activities and events for this coming academic year. We will be working with local residents, community organisations and charities in a range of different settings.
Register to get the HH Newsletter with all the details for future events or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday Tea (monthly event)
- Friday Fun Days (monthly event)
- Community Gardening
- Litter Pick Up
- Volunteer Training Sessions
- Sports Day
- Ability to apply for Queen’s Degree Plus Award (Route A).
- Prestige Volunteers recognises volunteering efforts through certificates endorsed by Queen’s Students’ Union for 50, 100 and 200 hours of volunteering.
- Handy Helpers brings you exclusive SU Volunteer rewards when you participate in multiple activities.
- Try out new activities and get a taste of volunteering in different organisations without committing long-term.
- Make new friends, gain new skills and have fun while actively supporting the local community.
- Access to a range of relevant training.
The programme is open to all registered Queen's University students, both Undergraduate and Postgraduate, including those on placement year. We welcome students from all backgrounds and with any access requirements.
No previous volunteering experience or long-term commitment is needed, just a willingness to get involved.
**FOR ORGANISATIONS WHO WOULD LIKE TO HOST A ONE-OFF / SHORT-TERM VOLUNTEERING PROJECT WITH HANDY HELPERS, PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST**