Social Media Policy
Social Media House Rules
facebook.com/QueensStudentsUnion, twitter.com/QueensSU, instagram.com/queensstudentsunion, and tiktok.com/@queensstudentsunion are your official Queen’s Students’ Union social media accounts and your official source for information, advice, perspectives, promotions, events, and opinions on all things pertaining to your Union.
We have created a set of ‘House Rules’ to encourage productive participation by our members and help us grow a transparent community.
Your Students’ Union social media accounts encourage friendly, honest, and open conversation. We’re excited to connect with YOU, our members, and love to hear what you think about your Union so please express your views, leave comments, photos, videos, and links. We want everyone to enjoy their experience and welcome all questions and comments. When doing so please remain respectful of others and stay on-topic.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok accounts are moderated and comments will appear if and when they are approved. We will review the queue several times daily, so please don’t resubmit if your comment doesn’t appear immediately.
We reserve the right to remove comments, without notification which we deem:
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, or otherwise objectionable
- Advocate, incite, perpetrate, or provide a platform to advocate the incitement or perpetration of:
- Violence against groups or individuals on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, culture, sex, sexual orientation, or political beliefs
- Disrupt, bully, or harass an individual or organisation
- Are deemed to describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety of others
- Use an offensive, violent, or illegal image as their profile picture
- Contain swear words or other offensive language
- Violate the law
- Advertise products or services not approved in advance by the Students’ Union Marketing Department (See our Media Pack for more info)
- Use an offensive username
- Acknowledge intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure
- Attack specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten, or abuse an individual
- Are deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track
- Are inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of the forum
- Include content that relates to confidential or proprietary business information
- Link or contain sexually explicit content material
- Discuss illegal activity
- Violate copyright, intellectual property rights, defamation, and contempt of court
- Breach your Students’ Union's Election Rules
- Is spam, link baiting, or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices. This is a spam free zone. No repeat posts or unsolicited ads
- Appear to impersonate another person
Anyone repeatedly posting material that falls into the above categories will be removed and/or banned from participating on our social media accounts.
By commenting on our social media accounts you are indicating that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the ‘House Rules’ laid out above.
If someone posts something that causes you offence or embarrassment, a polite request for removal will suffice. If the problem continues, don’t hesitate to report the abuse using the links provided on the social networking site.
If you have any questions about this policy or to report any abuses of it, please send an email to: email@example.com.
That’s enough of the serious stuff. Now let’s have some fun - head on over to our Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Twitter accounts and like, comment and share to your heart's content. We look forward to chatting with you!