The bespoke programme will offer 12-15 lucky students and graduates funding, expert training, mentoring and coaching from the team at The Helix Way and our alumni network to help progress ideas to commercialisation.
This programme can open up doors to investment, networks, IP expertise and further opportunities and has been transformative in terms of helping start-ups prosper in recent years.
Programme will include:
- A 2-day Bootcamp training session
- Market Validation, including a grant & support to carry out market discovery activities.
- Business coaching and mentoring
- Pitching opportunity and training
- Get paid to work on your startup!
- Student startups complete a 3 month programme and receive £5,000 of support (£3,000 salary grant, £1,500 Digital testing grant and a £500 Business Advisor grant)
- Graduate startups complete a 6 month programme and receive £10,000 of support (£8,000 salary grant, £1,500 Digital testing grant and a £500 Business Advisor grant)
A mixture of in-person and online delivery which means that the programme can work around your schedule
Note: Applications can be from individuals or Teams. If applying as a Team, all grants are per team. Teams should nominate one individual to complete the application form and include details of team members on the application.
- Have an early-stage business idea that you would like to commercialise.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for working on your startup idea.
- Communicate your ideas clearly and concisely.
- Be a student or recent graduate of Queen's University
- If part of a team: at least one co-founder must be a current student from the Queen's University or have graduated in the last two years.
- The person attending the sessions must be the Queen's University student or graduate. The Graduate programme is open to those who are graduating this summer or graduated in the last two years.
- Be prepared to work full time on your business idea during the programme and you should attend all workshops and sessions.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the application form using the button below and apply before 26th May 2023.
*QUest was formerly called the Student Lean Launch Programme