Mental Health Support
If you are in need of wellbeing support please contact the Student Wellbeing Service, based in the One Elmwood building.
Further information about the Student Wellbeing Service, including opening hours, is available here.
You can also register with the University Health Centre at Queen’s if your usual GP is now too far away. We would recommend that all students who have moved to Belfast and do not have a GP in the country look to register with the local GP as it may be easier to get an appointment here than having to travel home. Especially if this requires a plane journey to get there.
If you need some help urgently, you can contact the following organisations for free and at any time of the day or night:
0808 808 8000
The Rowan Sexual Assualt Referral Centre
0800 389 4424 Freephone 24/7
If you are a member of staff concerned about a student please refer to the staff section of the Student Wellbeing Service website. You may wish to complete this online form or call the Student Wellbeing Service on 028 9097 2893.
Further information on student wellbeing issues is available through the following links:
- Sexual Health - including details of the Students' Union's free sexual health clinic
- No Grey Zone - All sexual contact without consent is a crime
- Know The Score Information Booklet - Find out key information about drugs and alcohol
- The SCORE Stand Together Report - The first report on non-consensual student experiences at QUB and in NI as a whole
- Young people and alcohol: the risks - Find out how alcohol can affect young people’s health and behaviour
- Anti-social behaviour orders - Anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs) can be used to stop someone from harassing you
- Noise nuisance and neighbours - Find out what you can do about it
- Dental Services
- GP services