Gas Safety & Carbon Monoxide
If the boiler in your property is old, poorly serviced, incorrectly fitted or faulty it could put you at risk of poisoning from carbon monoxide - a fatal odourless gas.
Before you move in, check that your property has a carbon monoxide detector fitted. It is your landlord’s responsibility to provide and install this. Also make sure that you ask to see copies of the:
- Gas safety record for the property
- The annual service certificate for the boiler
By law these checks should be done every year and you are entitled to see them. Don’t just take your landlord’s word for it!
For more information check out:
- the Carbon Monoxide and Domestic Gas Health and Safety leaflet below
- information about the Gas Safe Register
- the Northern Ireland Health and Safety Executive
If you can't find what you're looking for, or you would like more information - just get in touch.